WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words.
The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Miss B and Mr. Z got their schedules for their HS classes this week. Miss B is taking 5 classes (English, History, Criminal Law, Introduction to Criminal Justice, and Ethics and Communications Relations) that will give her dual HS and college credits. She also takes Physical Science, Math 3, and Psychology to round out her schedule. Mr. Z is taking Math 2, Honors Earth Science, Spanish II, Honors English 1, Honors World History, Introduction to Computer Science using MakeCode, and Intermediate Orchestra. He started HS with 2 credits, having taken Spanish 1 and Math 1 last year in middle school.
- Miss R found out who her 3rd-grade teacher is. I felt it was going to be this specific teacher (Mr. Z had her), but nothing was confirmed until I got the letter on Monday. She is very excited, and I can’t wait to see how this teacher will push her (she is smart and get bored fast)
- I had to take our newest kitten, Tony, to the vet on Monday. I had scheduled a visit for him just so the vet could give him a once over. But, a few days after we got him home, he developed a nasty cough and was very sick. He didn’t eat at all on Sunday, which concerned us. He ends up having a nasty upper respiratory infection. He is currently taking amoxicillin for cats and just finished up pain meds (for his throat, the vet said it was very red). He is feeling much better but would rather not take the medication….lol.
- I have been neglecting my StoryGraph reading challenges up until this week. I went over the 5 I was doing, updated them, and added books from my TBR to all of them. What challenges am I doing? They are Popsugar 2022, Beat the Backlist, The StoryGraph’s Genre Challenge 2022, The StoryGraph Reads The World 2022, and The StoryGraph’s Onboarding Reading Challenge 2022. I realize and know that I probably won’t finish all of them, but I will try it. I’ve already knocked two books off Popsugar and Beat the Backlist this week and hope to knock off more in the coming weeks.
- I have been watching Season 3 of The Orville on Disney Plus with my kids. I watched the episode with Isaac and cried my eyes out. The writers (and Seth McFarland) did a great job of tackling a couple of sensitive subjects.
So that’s the major things for this past week. How was your week?
As always, let me know if you have read or are planning to read any of these books!!
What I Recently Finished Reading:
Book One of The Dawning of Power Young Adult Epic Fantasy trilogy. Echoes of the ancients’ power are distant memories, tattered and faded by the passage of eons, but that is about to change. A new dawn has arrived. Latent abilities, harbored in mankind’s deepest fibers, wait to be unleashed. Ancient evils awaken, and old fears ignite the fires of war.
What I am currently reading:
In his semi-autobiographical novel, This Time Next Summer, Mikheyev weaves a tender tale about love and loss, one that is distinctly personal and yet universally human.
She was beautifully broken. And his everything.
Hurt and scarred by every man in her life, Jasmine had vowed to never love again. Then she meets Avgust, and her broken heart resumes beating.
A romantic idealist who measures love by his poetry output, Avgust had given up on finding that elusive once-in-a-lifetime kind of love he’d always dreamed of. But the moment he spies Jasmine in a coffee shop, he knows unequivocally that she is his Her—the woman who will change his life.
It was the perfect love story.
Until the secrets and betrayals of the past threaten to break them apart.
Will their love be strong enough to save Jasmine from her past, and Avgust from his future?
Zoe was still in high school when she saw her father shot dead by a classmate obsessed with her, and then still a kid, witnessed the killer’s sentencing. A horrible tragedy, but now, thirteen years later, she’s thoroughly rebooted her life.
She’s the CEO of her own cyber security company, a celebrity in her field, and a speaker in high demand.
She’s just the kind of strong, self-reliant woman who can take care of herself in any situation.
Except the one she’s in.
She’s got a stalker.
And she already knows he’s a killer.
Given her background, Zoe knows instantly that she needs protection and she knows how to get it—her sister Mel’s the owner of Blackhawk Security.
But trust Mel to send Spence Flynn, the one agent Zoe can’t be alone with, but not because they don’t get along. It’s because attraction sizzles between the two of them like runaway electricity. And because they both know the last thing a body guard should do is get into a relationship with his principal.
It’s unethical and dangerous.
But how are they supposed to fight this thing? Spoiler: Good intentions suffer a knockout in the first round. And then, to the delight of the reader, the earth moves in the most delicious way.
Meanwhile, Zoe’s stalker is still sending her charms from a bracelet he stole from her thirteen years ago, the scariest being a heart he’s had engraved with both their names. Unnerving enough– and then he starts dropping off lunch for her, tailing her in a white Subaru, and trying to break into her condo.
Spence has his hands full in more than one way. And Zoe has a public appearance coming up. The perfect time for a stalker to strike.
What books I think I’ll read next:
They were from two different worlds.
Like two trains never crossing paths, they would have gone on without any shred of their lives coinciding. Until a late-night encounter brings them crashing into each other’s lives.
Cole, a small-time New York gun trafficker who has been unlucky for the better part of his life knows better than to dream of a better life. Jaded, exhausted and down on his luck, he struggles to deal with the reality of his choices.
Amidst dodging the keen attention of the authorities, and evading the sly notice of his crafty companions, he certainly has no patience to indulge a spoilt busy-body reporter with peas for brain and a hankering for danger. He thinks she’s crazy and wants nothing to do with her even if her smile takes his breath away and her presence soothes his wounds.
Samantha, on the other hand, is not letting go. She is a shark who has smelt blood and is honing in for the kill or the caresses.
But one thing is certain; Cole is a puzzle she is determined to unravel.
As the web of dark schemes and mysterious ploys thicken around them, passion flares to life, and so do other threats. These two are utterly defenseless against the attacks or the kisses.
Will they survive the imminent explosion that draws ever nearer or will these two finally get a chance to go after their fairytale romance?
The sweetness of first love…
Could a fiercely independent cop’s heart be stolen by the guy who makes her favorite doughnuts? Will a maid who used deceit to snare a mail-order husband get a dose of her own medicine? Can her handsome neighbor rescue a modern-day “princess” from a tenacious ex-boyfriend? Can two strangers in a rideshare be honest enough to fall in love for real? Can you remember your first love? How about your second? Third? Fourth?
Featuring the talents of Linda Budzinski, Melissa Maygrove, Michael Di Gesu, Sylvia Ney, Katie Klein, Kim Elliott, Templeton Moss, S.E. White, Denise Covey, and Sammi Spizziri. Hand-picked by a panel of agents and authors, these ten tales will touch your heart and rekindle lost feelings. Prepare to return to that first love…
One man’s curse is another man’s weapon.
Genetic engineer Neah Haversham thought unlocking the code to her psychic gift would ease the way to blocking it, something she’d wanted since puberty.
Unable to turn off heightened senses means experiencing life on a different level. Shiya, her golden retriever, is the only companion tolerated.
Within months of finishing her studies, she learns the life she planned has vanished with the rescue of a sarcastic, hardheaded teen with an unprecedented ability.
Ouray Bernard is a healer and warrior, a Native American who uses his skills to train other uniquely talented individuals. When called to help the woman invading his dreams, he can’t refuse.
Loyalties collide as each defends their position in the battle against a secret society determined to dominate them all.
“Where is your husband?”
Since waking up from the accident Dr Paige Hanson has been asked that question over and over. By the hospital staff, by her mother in law and by Government officials.
As she struggles to grasp the wisps of memory returning to her Paige learns that there’s more at stake than Leo’s whereabouts.
Turning towards the teachings of the one person she swore never to become she begins to realise that some questions are best left unanswered.