Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
How it works:
She assigns each Tuesday a topic and then posts her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.
Top Ten Auto Buy Authors
1). Anne Bishop—I have been hooked on her since I read her The Black Jewel Series in the early 2000’s. My favorite series is The Black Jewel Series.
2). Dean Koontz—I was introduced to Dean Koontz in high school and have been reading him since. My introduction book to him was Tick-Tock (thank to my high school BFF for telling about that book)
3). Stephen King—I have been reading Stephen King since I can remember. My grandfather introduced me to It one summer and I was hooked.
4) Teresa Medeiros—-She was the first historical romance author that I ever read. I bought Heather and Velvet at CVS one day and immediately went was hooked.
5) Julie Garwood—I started reading her historical romances shortly after I discovered Teresa Medeiros. My favorite book by her is Saving Grace. I will say that I am not a fan of her contemporary romances though.
6) Judith McNaught—I started reading her books around the same time that I started reading Julie Garwood. Except I started with her contemporary romance and migrated to historical romance. My favorite book by her is between Whitney, My Love and Perfect.
7) Laurell K. Hamilton—She was an impulse buy for me. Which I am glad that I bought. I did like the Anita Blake series but I loved the Merry Gentry series more!!
8) Neil Gaiman—I picked up Neverwhere as an impulse buy and I was hooked. My favorite books by him: Neverwhere, American Gods and Good Omens
9) V.C. Andrews—-I was not supposed to be reading her. My grandmother had a couple of her books in her library and I snuck Flowers in the Attic out. That started me on a downward spiral of reading and buying her books. My favorite series by her: The Casteel Series.
10). Siobhan Davis—She is a recent discovery by me. I didn’t think I would like bully romances until I read a couple of her books. So far, my favorite books are Cruel Intentions.