SixforSundays is a meme hosted by A Little But A Lot. Every month there is a theme and that is broken down on Sundays into categories.
This week’s theme is:
I tend not to make New Year Resolutions. I end up giving up within a couple of weeks of making them (yes, I am awful like that). But this year, well I think I made a few bookish resolutions (which I went over in this post). So, here is my list. Enjoy
- Reading books outside my comfort zone. I am a creature of habit and that extends to reading. I stay to the same genres, all the time. It gets kind of boring. So, I am going to try to read more biographies/autobiographies/memoirs/nonfiction.
- Staying up to date with my reading challenges. I sucked at this last year. Now, in my defense, I did join a bunch on StoryGraph in August/September. And add to that, I didn’t know how to add books to the challenges. I figured out that you needed to add the book to the challenge (before you read it) and then StoryGraph takes care of it once you finished the book (you need to finish it, add a review and read date). So now that I have everything figured out, I should be good to go!!!
- Whittling down my TBR list. It is out of control. I keep adding books and not taking them away. I did knock off around 40 something books last year but I added double that back on (thank you reading challenges)
- Finishing series!! I am awful about this one. I will read the first book in a series and never complete it.
- Reading more middle grade book. This is one that I keep saying every year and every year, I keep putting it off.
- Enjoy reading. I lost this in the first half of 2020, when Covid first hit. It sucked but I did eventually regain it. I am hoping to keep my love of reading alive and well in 2021.
So, these are my resolutions. Will I keep them, maybe. Please, let me know what your resolutions are!! I’d love to hear about them.