I haven’t done one of these awards for a while!! Thank you to Amy @ A Librarian and Her Books for nominating me. Run over and check out her blog!!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine into the blogging community. Each blogger chosen is given questions by the nominating blogger, and they will then:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated them in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are Amy’s questions
Do you have a book or author that first got you into reading? If so, what or who is it?
That’s a good but hard question to answer. I have been reading since I was in pre-k. So, honestly, I don’t know what author got me into reading. I will say that the first author I remember reading was Black Beauty by Anna Sewell followed closely by The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.
What book do you find yourself recommending the most to other readers?
I find myself recommending The Black Jewel Series by Anne Bishop to other readers all the time. I absolutely love that series.
To which character in a book do you find yourself identifying with the most and why?
Hmmm, this is something that I haven’t thought about before. I think I identify more with the secondary characters (like the BFF or the person who becomes a traveling companion).
Do you have a book in mind in which you actually wound up liking the movie adaptation better than the book? *GASP, I know, but I find that we all usually have at least 1 (Looking at you, Forrest Gump)* lol
Actually, I hate book to movie adaptations. But, if I had to chose, I would say The Lord of The Ring and The Hobbit.
To which Hogwarts house do you belong, or is HP not your thing?
You know, I never got myself sorted into a house….lol.. I love HP but totally missed out on that.
What’s one food that you could eat every day for the rest of your life and not get tired of it?
Rice and Pasta. I love both.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you not be able to live without?
Tent, water purifier, and books
Unpopular opinion time… name a book that you seemed to have the opposite reaction to than the majority of other readers. Either they loved it and you hated it or vice versa…
This is hard but I would have to say Only the Good Indians. I couldn’t get into it.
If you could live anywhere other than where you do right now, where would it be?
Ireland or Scotland
What’s the perfect place for reading? comfy chair at home, coffee shop, outdoors? What do you think?
My couch or my bed. I love being able to curl up and read on them.
What do you find to be the most surprising aspect of having a book blog?
The amount of time I spend just sitting at my laptop and staring at a blank post, trying to figure out how its going to start…lol. Being serious though, I have been super surprised at the time I spend on tweaking my blog and posts.
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite fictional animal?
- Do you like playlists with books? Why or why not?
- What was your favorite summer read?
- What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
- What has been your biggest blogging struggles?
- What is your favorite fictional destination in a book?
- How long does it take for you to write a blog post? This includes editing.
- How many books do you read at one time? How do you manage it?
- What is the name of the current book you are reading?
- How many books have you DNF’d in this past year? Why?
I nominate everyone for this tag. Just make sure to let me know if you did it in the comments below!!
7 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
You’re very welcome!
Great answers! Ireland or Scotland are also on my list of places I’d want to live! And since my family mostly hails from Scotland, I guess it would make sense to go back!
Thank you!! My SO is 2nd generation Scot and we have been talking about going back to where his grandmother was born. Plus, the scenery!!!
wow…your’e doing well and it’s always a joy to see these posts. keep them coming.