Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
How it works:
She assigns each Tuesday a topic and then posts her top ten list that fits that topic. You’re more than welcome to join her and create your own top ten (or 2, 5, 20, etc.) list as well. Feel free to put a unique spin on the topic to make it work for you! Please link back to That Artsy Reader Girl in your own post so that others know where to find more information.
I get my best travel ideas from reading. Because of that, I have a list of countries and cities that I am burning to visit. So, here are my top 10 places that I want to visit that have been inspired by the books I have read.
Let me know if you have visited/want to visit any of these places!! Also, let me know if you have read the book!!
1. Seattle, Washington — Forget Me Not by Alexandria Oliva
2. Michigan’s Upper Peninsula – The Marsh King’s Daughter by Karen Dionne
3. Regency England – Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas
4. Scotland – MacFarland’s Lass by Glynnis Campbell
5. Nigeria – The Death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi
6. South Korea – Please Look After Mom by Shin Kyung-Sook
7. The Yukon Wilderness in Canada – City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong
8. Modern Day England – Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
9. Ireland – Shearwater by D.S. Murphy
10. Iceland —Sucked by Yrsa Sigurdardottir (I read the translated version)
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Places in Books I’d Love to Visit”
I love your choices!
(www.lousbookstuff.com) for my TTT 🙂
Great choices Jolie. I have been watching the news and that volcano erupting in Iceland right now has been attracting so many tourists. Ever since my daughter went there, I have had it on my bucket list. I hope we get to go to a few of our choices from this week’s top ten.
I hope so too. There was a clip about Iceland on the news where people were playing volleyball by lava. All I could think of was if that ball landed in it, it would be over…lol.
I can’t believe how close everyone was getting to the lava, I would keep my distance for sure.
I did my whole post on Scotland. LOL! So, I definitely want to go there. I haven’t been to any of these places, but would love to!
I would LOVE to go there (plus Ireland and England)!! I haven’t been anywhere except Aruba and Montreal (for out of the country). In the US, the entire East coast, Teneesee and Texas. I am very undertraveled….lol.
I’d love to visit England and Ireland, too! I wouldn’t say that’s too undertraveled. I know a lot of ppl who’ve barely left their small towns.