SixforSundays is a meme hosted by A Little But A Lot. Every month there is a theme and that is broken down on Sundays into categories.
This week’s theme is:
Books set in the country you live
When I saw today’s prompt (well yesterday’s because I didn’t go on my computer at all), I knew it was going to be easy. Why? Because I live in the United States and 90% of the books I read are set in there.
So enjoy!! And let me know what books are set in your country!!
- Flesh and Blood by Willow Rose. Set in the small town of Shadow Hills in one of the midwestern states (not sure which on
2. Blue by H.J. Bellus: Mainly set at a fictional college in California. Blue traveled from Colorado and Tuck is from Arizona
3. A Cowboy Kind of Love by Donna Grant: Takes place in Texas, near Dallas
4. Hidden Fury by Marie Flanigan: Takes place in Leesburg, VA
5. Well Met by Jen DeLuca: Takes place in Willow Creek, Maryland
6 The Marsh King’s Daughter by Karen Dionne: Takes place in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
5 thoughts on “#SixforSunday—Books Set in the Country Where You Live”
The only one of these I have read is The Marsh King’s Daughter and I did like that one. Living in Canada, this would have been a bit harder for me, but there are a lot of good books set here that I have read.
The last book I read that was set in Canada was A Private Heaven (semi-autobiographical).
I’ve not read that one. I think the last one I read was a mystery taking place in Newfoundland.
Its a semi-autobiographical book about a helicopter pilot that lived in Newfoundland. Learned more than I ever wanted to know about helicopters….lol. And it made me wanted to visit Newfoundland.
That is the only province I have not visited, but it is on my bucket list. Funny that the last one I read was also set in Newfoundland.