It is Foodie Friday. Every Friday, I will be putting up a recipe that I have made the previous week.
Today’s recipe is:
(recipe and picture courtesy of Betty Crocker. Click on the picture for link to the recipe)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 to 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 40 mins
Serves: 24 servings
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened**
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour**
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup shredded zucchini, drained**
1/2 cup chopped nuts**
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened**
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3 to 4 teaspoons milk**
How to Make:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and side of 9 or 8-inch square pan**. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg**. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon cloves.** Stir in zucchini and nuts**. Spread in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes** or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows**.
What I did differently in this recipe (the **’s):
- Used butter. Softened in the microwave. Put in for 20 seconds and it was perfectly soft.
- Used Aldi’s brand flour.
- Wasn’t too sure how to drain shredded zucchini, so I pressed a paper towel on top until the water was soaked up.
- Didn’t use nuts
- Used a 9-inch glass pan.
- Mixed by hand.
- Stirred by hand. The batter will be thick
- Didn’t use nuts. The batter is very thick.
- Because my oven is older and runs at a higher temp, I let it bake for 20 mins.
- We don’t do rows. We like to pick the size of our slices.
Was it hard to make:
How long did it take me to make (compared to the recipe’s prep+total time):
Did BK and I like it:
More importantly, did my kids like it:
Will I make it again:
Thoughts on the dish, after the fact:
The difficulty of the dish: Beginner