It is Foodie Friday. Every Friday, I will be putting up a recipe that I have made the previous week.
Today’s recipe is:
Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
(recipe and picture courtesy of Dizzy Busy and Hungry. Click on picture for link to the blog)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves: didn’t say.
2 bananas, slightly overripe
2 tablespoons sugar (can substitute Splenda if you want to)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
How to Make**:
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately 1/3 inch thick
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if desired). Set aside
- Lightly spray a large skillet with nonstick oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds and sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Flip the rounds sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the bananas are soft and warmed through
What I did differently in this recipe (the **’s):
I haven’t made this yet. I went to make it on Wednesday for Miss R’s snack at preschool and someone ate the bananas. So, I am saving this for next week. I will say that I probably wouldn’t have done anything different from the recipe.
Was it hard to make: I didn’t make it yet. But it looks fairly easy.
How long did it take me to make (compared to the recipe’s prep+total time): Didn’t make it. So don’t know.
Did BK and I like it: I think we will once I make it.
More importantly, did my kids like it: Well, Miss R said that she wouldn’t try it. But the other two are looking forward to me making this.
Will I make it again: Probably
Thoughts on the dish, after the fact: No thoughts right now.
The difficulty of the dish: Beginner