Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC and Entangled: Scorched
Date of publication: May 30, 2016
Genre: Romance, Erotica
Series: Playboys In Love Book 1
People say I’m shameless. They’re right.
I like my sex dirty. It takes a hell of a lot to tilt my moral compass, and I always follow when it’s pointing at something I want. That goes double when it points straight at the one girl in all of Chicago who’s not dying for a piece of me.
She’s all I can think about, and that’s a problem, because she wants nothing to do with me. But I’ve seen her deepest secrets, her darkest fantasies, and they match mine to a fucking T.
I want her. Bad.
Now I need to show her how good it can feel…to be shameless.
Book #2 Ruthless
3 Things I liked about Shameless:
- The storyline. One of the rare few times I will like the storyline of an erotica but I loved this one. I mean, sex aside, it was a solid story about 2 people falling in love with each other. And since we are on the subject of sex, the sex scenes were wow!! Except for 1 scene, I liked them…lol.
- Jane. She is a character that I could relate to. I mean, she works 2 jobs (did that), had to fix stuff herself via Google and YouTube (Have done that) and she down to earth. If she was a real-life person, I can see me and her being BFF’s. I was also very jealous that she ended up hooking up with a Chris Hemsworth look alike….lol.
- Chase towards the middle and end. I felt that Jane changed him. It might have started off as sex but it evolved very quickly and I liked seeing that. Gave me the warm fuzzies.
3 Things that I disliked about Shameless:
- Chase at the beginning of the book. To be blunt, he came across as an asshole. A huge, sex-obsessed asshole and I wanted to choke him (to be very blunt).
- Addison. That is Jane’s best friend. OMG, I would have killed someone if they hired a stripper to come to my house under the guise of a handyman. Sorry, but that would have been a friendship ender for me. But Jane had the last laugh…hehe.
- The anal sex scene. Listen, I am OK with anal sex and light bondage and I am OK reading it. But when it crosses over into the gross category, I draw the line. And this was gross.
How many stars will I give Shameless? 3.5
Why? The characters were relatable and you really came to care about them. The sex scenes were out of this world hot and the storyline was fantastic. The story did stall for a couple of chapters but the author did a great job of getting the story back on track.
Will I recommend to family and friends? Yes
Will I reread? Yes
Age range: Adult
Why? Extremely descriptive sexual situations. I would read and take a cold shower afterward!!!
Other book in series:
Ruthless (Playboys in Love, Book 2).