Before I start my review, I would like to thank NetGalley, Entangled Publishing LLC and Entangled: Scorched for allowing me to review this book.
**All opinions stated in this review are mine. I also received Desiring Red for free from NetGalley for my honest and unbiased review.**
Now onto my review:
Format read in: Kindle, as an ARC
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC and Entangled:Scorched
Where the book can be found: Amazon (Kindle). Please remember that the prices can and will change
Barnes and Nobles (Nook). Please remember that the prices can and will change.
Genre: Romance, Erotica
How many pages: 55 pages
Series: A Dark and Dirty Tale Book 1
In part one of the new Dark and Dirty Tale serial by New York Times and USA best-selling author Kristin Miller, you’ll meet Red, a wolf shifter with too many choices.
I’m indecisive when it comes to my shoes. Choosing a werewolf mate who’ll be with me until I croak? Pardon me while I take some time to think on it. But a steamy encounter before the final ceremony changes everything.
Reaper, the Omega’s eldest grandson, is fiercely loyal, scorching hot, and built for pleasure. He brings down my defenses, and before I know what’s happening, I succumb to the heat in his touch and the skill of his mouth. I’ve only just met him, but I need him like no other.
As part of my pack duties, I must parade in front of the Alpha, who has first choice of the pre-shifters. Rumors of his dark desires run deep, and I’ve always been intrigued. But the forbidden passion blazing between Reaper and me is too primal to deny. By pack law, Reaper can’t have me until the Alpha makes his choice…but Reaper’s never been one to follow the rules.
Get ready for scorching hot Alphas, a spitfire heroine, and a breathless cliffhanger ending!
3 Things I liked about Desiring Red:
- The storyline. From what was revealed, it was a pretty interesting one. The Alpha isn’t the true ruler of the pack, it’s the Omega who calls the shots and has the money. Which I found fascinating, for some reason.
- Reaper. From what was revealed about him, he was a total bad ass, totally hot and very mysterious. So, in not so many words, the perfect man….lol.
- Ivy. I absolutely loved her character. She just doesn’t give a fuck about the ceremony going on and she goes after what she wants. But then again, is it really what she wants???
3 Things I disliked about Desiring Red:
- That it is a serial. I wanted to scream when I realized that. I loathe serial novels. The reason I loathe them….well because there is usually a huge gap between the novels.
- Lukas. Now, I don’t know what happens in the next book, he seemed a little standoffish and full of himself in this one.
- The cliffhanger ending. Another thing I don’t like….lol. Cliffhangers drive me nuts.
How many stars will I give Desiring Red? 2.5
Why? While it did captivate me and definitely kept my attention with the paranormal aspect, the erotica just didn’t do it for me. There was just something lacking there. Don’t get me wrong, Ivy and Reaper (and Ivy and Lukas) did have chemistry….but the sex scenes fell flat. It’s weird that I can’t properly explain it.
Will I reread? Probably not
Will I recommend to family and friends? No
Age range: Adult
Why? Very descriptive sex scenes
Other books in the series:
Dominating Red (A Dark and Dirty Tale: Book 2)