Date of publication: December 12th,2014
Publisher: BookStrand Publishing
Genre: Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy
Series: Death and Destiny Trilogy
A thriller of a paranormal romance with mystery, mythology, and suspense.
In a world where all is not as it seems, Sanura and Assefa must battle the gods’ first creations – vile predators who threaten the safety of humans. Each confrontation, each bloody clash, will bring Sanura and Assefa closer to fulfilling the prophecy of being the Fire Witch and Cat of Legend – the ones who will save humanity from the Water Witch of Legend. Death, godly magic, and physical attraction draw Sanura and Assefa to each other, but fear and faith will determine their destiny.
3 things I liked about Of Fear and Faith:
- The characters. While I loved all the characters, Assefa and Sanura were my favorites. I liked that the author didn’t reveal everything about Assefa until midway through the book. Little hints here and there that kept you guessing but when she did reveal it, it was HUGE!!!
- New paranormal monsters. For some reason, this got me excited (I know, no life here). Usually, in these types of books, the author trots out your typical monster. Usually, a rogue vamp or were animals. But not here. Oh no, there are sirens, Raven Mocker, and Adze (I included the links in case people were wondering what they were). I was THRILLED about this. (again, no life here).
- The sex scenes. Talk about hot, hot, hot!!! The chemistry between Sanura and Assefa was out of this world and it translated to epic hot sex.
3 things I didn’t like about Of Fear and Faith:
- Sanura’s ex. He was a creep and came off as unpleasant. Not going to say too much about him. You need to read the book!!!
- Mike. He was so unpleasant at the beginning of the story that I couldn’t like him.
- Sanura’s reaction to Assefa’s big secret. Again, not going to give anything away but I felt that she was being a little over the top with her reaction.
How many stars will I give Of Fear and Faith? 5
Why? This was a very well written, well researched paranormal romance. You can’t help but get attached to the characters (even the not so nice ones!!!) and the sex scenes were out of this world.
Would I reread it? Yes
Would I recommend it to family and friends? Yes
Age level: Adult
Why? Very descriptive sex scenes and violence
**I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book**