Before I begin my review, I want to thank N.D. Jones for allowing me to review Of Fear and Faith. **All opinions expressed in this review are mine and I received Of Fear and Faith for free from the author**. Now onto the review:
Format read in: Kindle
Date of publication: December 12th 2014
Publisher: BookStrand Publishing
Where the book can be found:
Genre: Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy
How many pages: 288
Series: Death and Destiny Trilogy, Book 1
Before trust and love can take hold, grow solid roots, and blossom into a reality larger than self, fear must be conquered and faith embraced. Yet fear of an ancient prophecy, of burning magical power, and a broken heart, Sanura Williams, psychology professor, is unprepared when Special Agent Assefa Berber enters her life, hunting a preternatural serial killer. Assefa’s intelligent, chocolate eyes and intoxicating aura signature stirs her fire spirit but frightens the woman.
In a world where all is not as it seems, Sanura and Assefa must battle the gods’ first creations – vile predators who threaten the safety of humans. Each confrontation, each bloody clash, will bring Sanura and Assefa closer to fulfilling the prophecy of being the Fire Witch and Cat of Legend – the ones who will save humanity from the Water Witch of Legend. Death, godly magic, and physical attraction draw Sanura and Assefa to each other, but fear and faith will determine their destiny.
3 things I liked about Of Fear and Faith:
- The characters. While I loved all of the characters, Assefa and Sanura were my favorites. I liked that the author didn’t reveal everything about Assefa until about midway through the book. Little hints here and there that kept you guessing but when she did reveal it, it was HUGE!!!
- New paranormal monsters. For some reason this got me really, really excited (I know, no life here). Usually, in these types of books, the author trots out your typical monster. Usually a rogue vamp or were animals. But not here. Oh no, there are sirens, Raven Mocker and Adze (I included the links in case people were wondering what they were). I was THRILLED about this. (again, no life here).
- The sex scenes. Talk about hot, hot, hot!!! The chemistry between Sanura and Assefa was out of this world and it translated to epic hot sex.
3 things I didn’t like about Of Fear and Faith:
- Sanura’s ex. He was a creep and just came off as unpleasant. Not going to say too much about him. You need to read the book!!!
- Mike. I know he’s a dwarf and I know that he is supposed to be Sanura’s godfather but he was just so unpleasant in the beginning of the story that I couldn’t like him.
- Sanura’s reaction to Assefa’s big secret. Again, not going to give anything away (read the book) but I felt that she was being a little over the top with her reaction.
How many stars will I give Of Fear and Faith? 5
Why? This was a very well written, well researched paranormal romance. You can’t help but get attached to the characters (even the not so nice ones!!!) and the sex scenes were out of this world.
Would I reread it? Yes
Would I recommend it to family and friends? Yes
Age level: Adult
Why? Very descriptive sex scenes and violence
Other books in the series? Yes. Right now, book 2 is on preorder at these sites: Amazon (Kindle and will be released on August 18th 2016). So, if I were you, I would pre-order this!!!