Publication date: August 10th, 2011
Genre: Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal, Fae, Romance, Magic, Urban Fantasy, Supernatural
Series: Elemental Enmity Series
Fae Trials—Book 0
Dark Matter—Book 2
Purchase Links: Amazon
Rayla Tate dreams of escaping her ordinary world for a bright future in the art world. Throw in an overbearing aunt who is keeping major secrets, a disgruntled best friend tagging along to college, and a bunch of fae warriors waiting in the wings to claim her the minute she leaves her sleepy little town, and Rayla’s dreams are about to shatter.
She soon discovers she is a coveted Elemental with power she never knew she possessed–a power that could change the world. Everywhere she turns another man tries to woo her. The weird part is she’s drawn to each one of them. Who are these strange men, and what dark power do they hold over her? Rayla must quickly learn to fend off these beautiful and seductive pursuers using any means necessary or find herself lost to the fae world forever.
What I liked about Five:
- That was about the Fae. I love stories involving them. Don’t know why I do (it must be the Irish in me). The Fae in this book were written differently than in other Fae stories. It was darker and edgier, and I liked that.
- The Fae Lords. At first, they came across as seductive/power-hungry, but the more you read, the more you get attached to them. Zach and Luke were my personal favorites.
- That there was a pegasus!!!!! Even if it was a demon, it was cool to have one in the book.
What I disliked about Five:
- Nicole, Cassie, and Jennifer. The new friend, the best friend, and the girl in the same dorm. I thought Nicole came across as very shallow, Cassie as needy/boy crazy/insane, and Jennifer as a bitch.
- Rayla’s attitude at first. She was such a brat!!!! Sometimes, I wanted to reach into the book and give her a good hard slap.
If you liked Five, you will like these books.