Where you can find Marti Talbott’s Highlander Series: Amazon
Date of publication: July 25, 2010
Genre: Historical Romance
ANNA — In love with a woman he had only seen once and could not find, the Highlander, Kevin MacGreagor was growing older and needed a wife to give him sons. No other woman pleased him, not even the daughters of other lairds, so he finally settled for Anna sight unseen. But when his men went to meet her guard, she was all alone and badly beaten. Who could have done such a thing and why?
RACHEL — had a dark secret and even she didn’t know what it was. She was seventeen, determined to become as good a warrior as any Highlander, and was firmly against taking a husband. Connor had other ideas. He loved Rachel and when a rival clan took her, he thought he would lose his mind. How would he ever get her back and if he did, would her dark secret separate them forever?
CHARLET — The King of England asked the Highlander, Kevin MacGreagor, to hide a baby girl and save her life. But sixteen years later, someone discovered where she was. To Blair Cameron fell the duty of hiding and protecting Charlet. It was not an easy task. She was furious, head-strong and determined to run from him. Could Blair keep her alive? And if he did, could he keep himself from falling in love with her?
What I liked about Marti Talbott’s Highlander Series:
- It took place in Scotland!! I have a love affair with that country and do plan to visit sometime in the future.
- For a group of short stories, they went into the main characters lives. Anna’s story touched me the most, for some reason (gotta read the book to understand why).
- The author kept to the time. Woman weren’t equals (and weren’t treated as so in the stories) and were treated shitty. She didn’t sugar coat it and instead, she laid it right on the table from the get-go (again, Anna’s story).
What I disliked about Marti Talbott’s Highlander Series:
- I didn’t like Rachel or Charlet. The stories were great but they rubbed me the wrong way. Big time.
- Catherin…Anna and Rachel’s mother. I understand that she had significant trauma in her life. But she acted like a twit for the last part of Anna’s story and most of Rachel’s.