Date of publication: March 8, 2012
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Series: Nashville Nights
Purchase Links: Amazon
Trey Turner may be topping the country music charts but his life has been going downhill since his wife left him five years ago. He’s desperate to make amends for the mistakes he’s made and convince Sierra their love deserves a second chance.
Sierra Brooks is happy for the first time since her divorce. She has a career she loves and a fiancé who loves her. Unfortunately, her fiancé isn’t the only man professing his love. He may be able to offer her safety and security, but will she decide to risk everything for another chance with the man who broke her heart?
What I liked about Shameless:
- It was a quick, easy read. I was able to finish this book in 1 day.
- The author brought the heartbreak of Sierra and Trey’s relationship to the front of the book and kept it there.
- Not a lot of books deal with preemies and death. The author did a great job of portraying Sierra and Trey’s different grieving styles.
What I disliked about Shameless:
- I didn’t like Trey. Not very often did I not like the main character essential to the story, but I did not like him. Something rubbed me the wrong way about him. Can’t put a finger on it.
- The storyline of Eric, Meagan, and Trey. That left a bad taste in my mouth (no spoilers here….more of a WTF).
- Sierra towards the end of the book. She became whiny to me.
If you enjoyed Shameless, you will enjoy these books.