Publisher: Fir’shan Publishing
Date of publication: December 17th, 2013
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Series: Guadel Chronicles
Frozen Prospects—Book 1
Thawed Fortunes—Book 2
Brittle Bonds—Book 3
Shattered Ties—Book 4
Where you can find Frozen Prospects: Amazon
“The invitation to join the secretive Guadel should have been the fulfillment of dreams Va’del didn’t even realize he had. When his sponsors are killed in an ambush a short time later, he instead finds his probationary status revoked, and becomes a pawn between various factions inside the Guadel ruling body.
Jain’s never known any life but that of a Guadel in training. She’d thought herself reconciled to the idea of a loveless marriage for the good of her people, but meeting Va’del changes everything. Their growing attraction flies against hundreds of years of precedent, but as wide-spread attacks threaten their world, the Guadel have no choice but to use even Jain and Va’del in their fight for survival.”
What I liked about Frozen Prospects:
- It was a quick read with a lot of action
- The characters are relatable
- It was a good 1st book of a series. Laid the groundwork for the other books.
What I didn’t like about Frozen Prospects:
- The author didn’t go into who the Guadel were or how they came into power. I am going to assume that they are either fallen angels or demons.
- Killing off Va’del’s sponsors and then killing off the only other 2 people who would have taken him in. Didn’t make sense to me
- The ending. It ended kinda abruptly. Don’t like those types of endings.
If you enjoyed Frozen Prospects, then you will enjoy these books.