Where you can find Frozen Prospects: Amazon
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Publisher: Fir’shan Publishing
Date of publication: December 17th, 2013
“The invitation to join the secretive Guadel should have been the fulfillment of dreams Va’del didn’t even realize he had. When his sponsors are killed in an ambush a short time later, he instead finds his probationary status revoked, and becomes a pawn between various factions inside the Guadel ruling body.
Jain’s never known any life but that of a Guadel in training. She’d thought herself reconciled to the idea of a loveless marriage for the good of her people, but meeting Va’del changes everything. Their growing attraction flies against hundreds of years of precedent, but as wide-spread attacks threaten their world, the Guadel have no choice but to use even Jain and Va’del in their fight for survival.”
What I liked about Frozen Prospects:
- It was a quick read with a lot of action
- The characters are relatable
- It was a good 1st book of a series. Laid the groundwork for the other books.
What I didn’t like about Frozen Prospects:
- The author didn’t go into who the Guadel were or how they came into power. I am going to assume that they are either fallen angels or demons.
- Killing off of Va’del’s sponsors and then killing off the only other 2 people who would have taken him in. Didn’t make sense to me
- The ending. It ended kinda abruptly. Don’t like those types of endings.
Would I recommend Frozen Prospects? Yup, I would.