Publisher: World Castle Publishing
Date of publication: May 16th, 2011
Genre: Dark Fantasy, Romance
Series: Salem Moon
Bewitched in Time—Book 1
Where you can find Bewitched in Time: Amazon
“When Gabriel Blackstone, a young man living in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692 is sentenced to death for the crime of witchcraft, a mysterious man appears to him, just before death comes to claim him; promising to change his fate if he will only agree to take his hand and go where he leads.
Miraculously, Gabriel is transported to 21st century Salem where he not only escapes his fate but meets his destiny! He falls in love with Lily Snow, a descendant of the very family that falsely accused him of witchcraft! They both know theirs is a forbidden love, but they cannot deny it!
Gabriel is shocked to learn that the man who saved his life is, in reality, an evil Fallen Angel, named Lucien, who wreaks havoc on the city of Salem with his unbridled lust and violence. He wants Gabriel’s very soul and will do whatever it takes to get it, including going after Lily!
Gabriel and Lily’s story is one of love that defies all boundaries, as they come together in a steamy passion neither of them has ever known and a love that transcends time, brutal injustice and evil itself!”
I’m going to start off doing something different with my reviews. I am going to list what I liked about the book, what I disliked, and if I would read it again/recommend it. So here goes nothing.
What I liked about Bewitched in Time
- It was a quick read. I have 3 kids, all active in their own way, and get to read at night. So, for me to finish a book in 3 days, it is a quick book.
- The plot line was interesting. Time travel, witches and a fallen angel. Add in a dash of true love and it makes for an awesome read
- The book actually takes place in my corner of the world and the author knew her shit. ((Gasp)) that never happens.
What I didn’t like about Bewitched in Time
- I didn’t like how Lily and Lilac talked on page. For some reason, that irked me, big time.
- The ending. I don’t like cliffhangers.
- Everyone is good-looking. Listen, I know that good looks and sex sells but still. I would love it if there was a plain/ugly main character for once.
Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend to people? Yes
**I voluntarily reviewed this book**